Monday 29 July 2013

I'm a bit late today doing a post as I had to take my lovely dog to the vets because she is poorly. Couldn't resist adding a photo as she has been a constant companion throughout this time.

Anyhow, I wanted to talk about competitions a little more and how they have helped me. When I went back to designing it was very hard to think of self-directed projects. I find that I think better with a brief to work to. The most useful so far have been Tigerprint and Spoonflower, (http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/slumbermonkey), which has a weekly contest. It means that I come up with at least one strong design a week. My votes have been increasing as I get better and more confident. My current entry is for "Highways and Byways" but I have just designed this to enter into the "Fashion" theme. I based these on Dior's "New Look". Look out and vote for this in a couple of weeks time!.


No comments:

Post a Comment