Monday 2 September 2013

I'm trying to juggle!

I'm feeling a bit panicky at the moment. I have so many ideas and things that I want to do that I am finding it a bit overwhelming at times. I'm beginning to find that this is totally normal for designers and especially those that are just starting out. You may remember me mentioning that I gave up a really good teaching career to pursue my dream and as my (now) ex-colleagues go back to work I think reality is beginning to set in. I have made so much progress in the short time I have been doing this and everyone doing the Art and Business of Surface Pattern is so supportive, but still the doubts creep in. It really is a juggling act at the moment. I am trying to get to grips with all the social media that is available and make connections between them all (think my Blog is going well- you tell me!!!). I am entering lots of contests and building up a good portfolio on Behance (http://www.behance.net/Slumbermonkey) and Moyo (https://www.moyodirectory.com/slumbermonkey). I am also getting lots of excellent feedback on my designs. Actually when I read back what I've written and think about it, I am making progress. I think that I should really call the title of this blog, "Stop Being Hard on Yourself and Believe in What You are Doing" !!!

P.S A cheeky plug to vote for my design in new Front Row Society scarf competition, if you like it vote for me by clicking the "I Love It" button.



Vote for my scarf design!

No comments:

Post a Comment