Thursday 30 January 2014

Blog Hop After Glow!

I had such fun taking part in the blog hop (see previous post). A huge thanks to Mary Tanana of Groovity Designs for organising it. I had lots of lovely comments and positive feedback about my designs and continued to design using "Radiant Orchid" (Pantone's colour of the year). As I said before I love this colour and my designs have turned out to be quite the antidote to a grey January (as I type it is raining, cold and dull outside).

First of all I used it for a design that I entered into Spoonflower's weekly contest (based on the Great Barrier Reef). This is called Big Fish, Little Fish and I'm going to make it available to buy very soon

This spurred me on to design a few more prints based around this theme:




I was also inspired by some of the comments and seeing other blogs, to turn them into swimwear ideas so created some mock-ups. I think they work really well!


Finally I added some of these to my Society 6 shop. They now offer clocks and mugs and I liked how my designs look on these products.


So I have had fun basking in the afterglow of the blog hop and it has given me a dose of virtual sunshine. However I have also been making and designing other things but more of that in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment